// April 2nd, 2013
Aloha boys and girls,
after spending lots of days in the rehearsal room and the studio, we’re happy to announce that we recorded bass, drums and guitars for the next album of THE RAZORBLADES. We will do some extras over the next two months, then start mixing in May and June…scheduled release date is September…
It’s nice to really focus on playing and getting every note right, but we’re looking forward to rock in front of people again.
We’re on the road from April 19 again and will play shows in Germany, Belgium, France and Luxembourg till Mid June. Check the tourdates….
Afterwards we shoot videos, mix and master and do all the other stuff that is neccessary for a new album…
See you on the road somewhere!
Here are a few impressions from the studio
// Januar 14th, 2013
Welcome to 2013. Hope you had a nice holiday season.
After a nice vaccation and some days off, we played a fun show in Trier and will vanish into the studio and rehearsal room now. We’ll be back on the road in march, in between recording sessions for the new album.
The scheduled release date is September, so stay tuned for updates!
See you all soon!
// Dezember 12th, 2012
Boys and girls, we’re taking a break!
After 25 shows in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, we’re off the road till March…Ok, there’s a show in a Trier in January, but apart from that we stay out of the red van for some days. That doesn’t mean nothing’s happening with THE RAZORBLADES.
What do we do?
- We rehearse the new songs for the upcoming CD
- We’re preparing Promo, photo shooting, video shooting, CD cover
- We’re booking shows for the next year
- We go into the studio on February 20 to record drums for the upcoming CD
- We get some sleep and find ways to spend a day without driving 300 – 600 km.
The 10th anniversary tour was awesome again. Great shows in Rosenheim, Domburg, Berlin, Bremen, Mainz, Oldenburg, Wolfsburg and Ilmenau. We met our friends from Achtung Rakete, Jancee Pornick Casino, The Crowbaits, talked to a lot of nice people and had a lot of fun!
You want some numbers? Here we go…
5 bassplayers, two drummer, one guitarist
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See you in 2013!
If you miss us – Here are a few impressions from the road:
// September 17th, 2012
Aloha boys & girls,
the UK tour was simply great. We (which means Rob, Rudi & Ringo) had a lot of fun, met great people, had wonderful shows and can’t wait to ge back! Thanks to Chris, Pete, Jon, Owen, Buz, Dave, Pete Hanscomb and Uni for making this happen and thumbs up for everybody, who came to the shows!
We’re getting ready for the next run in October/November. We play mostly in Germany plus two short trips to Belgium and the Netherlands.. Hope to see you! Check the TOURDATES for details…
We’re also working on the next album. 15 songs are written and we will spend a few hours in the rehearsal room, before we hit the studio in Febuary 2013. Release date: probably September 2013….
Her are a few impressions from the UK tour for your entertainment:
// Juli 22nd, 2012
Although it’s fine to hang around at home, writing new songs and enjoying the summer (or whatever that is going on weather wise right now in Germany…), we’re excited to announce our upcoming UK tour at the end of the August.
Check out the tourdates for cities and venues.
We’re looking forward to playing the Brighton Rumble and tons of cities in the south of England. Accompanied by Rudi and Ringo, Rob will bring you some new songs from the upcoming record plus some old favorites…
Looking forward to meet all our british friends, make some new ones, hit the stores in Brighton for some Mod clothes and have a healthy english breakfast every day…
See you all in a few weeks!
// Juni 18th, 2012
Summer is coming along….and we’re off the road till the end of august
Here are some experiences we made on the road for your entertainment:
- It’s great to play concerts in different parts of Europe. Rumst and Liege were a blast as always and we added Wilkau Haßlau to our “favourite cities to play” -list. Thanks to everyone who helped with the shows, turned up and went crazy…we love you very much.
- We enjoyed a strange alcoholic drink called the “Pfefi” (go to Dessau, if you don’t know it, it’s green and tastes very medical…), fell even more in love with Dub, when we saw Dub Spencer & Trance Hill last weekend and learned that playing at a barbecue at 4 p.m is also fun to play (thanks Mietzi, Julia and Annelike).
- Our Braunschweig fans got distracted a little by the damned European Football contest, but rocked anyway. Pregnant women turned up at the show and had fun…
- Playing in the countryside can be better than big cities sometimes, but you never know. At least they don’t have CCTV cameras, which find out about traffic violations you didn’t know exist…London is definitely our favourite place to drive a car now, although Amsterdam is nearly as entertaining…
- We had the first concert shuttle bus in our ten year career. A bus from Canterbury brought some old punk rockers and psychos to Staple, which rocked so hard that they tore down the PA and gave Rob’s guitar a few new scratches. Thanks Pete for the great show!
- Ralph and Rob took the Razorblades beat and power to new heights, while the bass player’s face changed on every tour…thanks to Rudolph, Randy, Richie and Ringo for filling Ray’s shoes, who’s now busy playing with IN LEGEND.
- Our 10th anniversary party was fun…thanks to the Schlachthof and the Phantom Four, who did a great opening set.
So what are we doing now?
We’ll rest a little and work on new songs for the next record…studio is booked for February 2013 and we consider even more singing than on the last record.
Check out the tour dates for the fall.
We’ll go to the UK for a ten day trip and will play a lot of gigs in Germany from September to December. See you then and enjoy the summer!
// April 25th, 2012
Aloha boys and girls,
after some nice shows in various european countries, we’re getting ready for our 10th anniversary party on May 11 at the Schlachthof in our hometown Wiesbaden.
We hope to see a lot of friends and familiar faces. Be prepared for some funky new songs, some cool new cover versions and our usual rockin’ stage appearance! If you want to bring a cake, you’re welcome!
Please turn up on time, we play early and before us there are the brillant Phantom Four from the Netherlands. Don’t miss them, it’s their only German show!
Afterwards you can party all night long with the THE SWING DING: DO THE HULA-HULA-BALKAN-TWIST DJ team and have a beer with us….
See you in May!!!
// Februar 27th, 2012
After a two and a half months break, we’re getting ready for our 10th anniversary tour. Yes, you heard right..it’s 10 years ago that we started to hit the world with reverb drenched, super fast instrumentals and it’s time to celebrate!
We start the tour with a weekend in Germany, then travel to France, Luxemburg, Italy, Belgium, Holland and the UK. Our big birthday party will happen in our hometown Wiesbaden on May 11th. See you there!
Apart from that, we have new members. Please welcome Ralph Razorblade on the drums and Rudolf/Randy/Random Razorblade on the bass guitar. Since Ray and Regina want to pursue other musical adventures, it was time for a change. The new lineup has been getting in shape. We’re already working on new songs for the next record and added some new coverversions to the setlist. You’ll be surprised!
OK, see you at one of the shows. Here’s the list:
// Dezember 22nd, 2011
Aloha boys and girls,
the year comes to an end. It was the most turbulent year EVER for the little surf band from Wiesbaden. Here are a few numbers for your entertainment:
71 shows in 11 countries
5 drummers, 2 bassplayers, 1 guitarist
1 new record with 19 songs
We had tons of great shows, saw amazing places and met wonderful people everywhere. Thanks to everyone, who set up a gig, cooked for us, gave us a place to sleep (we appreciate it, even when it’s just a living room floor) or just came to the gig and had fun dancing, screaming and drinking..
So it’s time for a break…After wrapping up the year with a show at the Ponyhof in Frankfurt, we get off the road till march.
We wish you a happy time till spring. Have a nice christmas (if you still need presents, our shop is open 24/7), a happy new year and come back to the concerts in 2012…it’s our 10th aniversary then and we’ll be back with some surprises…Stay tuned!
// August 29th, 2011
after getting some sleep, fighting the jetlag and accustomizing to German life again, we got some news for you:
You can check out some videos from the US tour in our YOU TUBE CHANNEL
A tour report will be published in OX-Magazine 98, out on October 6th
We’re featured on a David Bowie Tribute Sampler called “Ziggy Played Surf Guitar”, which you can check out here. We speed up “All The Young Dudes” a little and Rob has fun with “Heroes”
We’re also getting ready for our fall tour, which will lead us through…let’s see…six countries, with a lot of dates in Germany. Hope to see you there! We will have the rest of the US-T-Shirts for sale, some 3 XL left, so if you need a new home for your family, drop by!
Ok, that should be enough to keep you entertained till the first European show at North Sea Surf Festival. See you there!!!